If you are wondering about router security then you need to know that it is of prime importance to understand the steps for changing router password. It is quite easy to know about the steps that you need to follow to change the password. However, you must also know why you need to do so. Though the wireless network these days are designed to offer high-speed and wider coverage internet connection. However, these days hackers have more knowledge and have become very active when it comes to cracking the password and entering into the vulnerable network. If you have never changed the router’s default username and password then it is more prone to cyber-attacks and hacking. That is why it is important to know how change router password.
In this blog, we are going to cover the steps that you need to take to change the password of the router. But if you are facing any difficulty or issue then get help from the experts. Get in touch with the technicians for guidance and help.
Though the steps how change Router password of the router is different for various models and routers. It is important to change the default username and password of the router as they are more prone to hacking. So, you need to change the default configuration of your router. However, these steps are more or less the same so you do not have to worry as these steps are more or less the same. If you are facing any problem then get in touch with the technical support team for help and support.
Here is a step by step guide that you need to follow to change the password of the router.
- Search for the reset button which is usually found at the bottom of the router. Press and hold the button for resetting the router. You can use a pin or a paper clip to press and hold the reset button for at least 20-30 seconds.
- In most routers, you can complete the login through the web interface. You can complete the login for the router to access the configuration settings of the router. However, in some routers, you need to connect the router using the ethernet cable connection.
- Make sure to check the default username and the password for a particular model of the router. However, the most common username is ‘admin’ and the password is ‘password’.
- For changing router password, you can access the security settings page. Here you can change the default credentials. While changing the password make sure to enter the password which is strong and not easy to crack.
These are the steps that you need to take when you want to change the password for the router. If you are facing any problem while changing the details like a password for your router then get in touch with the technical support team for help and assistance.How change router password.
So, if you are wondering about how change Router password then we have a complete guide for you. But at the same time, it is important to know and understand the need to change the password. It is because there are so many things that you get to know when you understand the steps to change the password. This is important to complete to maintain a high level of security and also for completing the login and changing the settings. In most cases, it is important to change the password of the router to keep everything secure.
Netgear routers are one of the best as they offer high-speed and fast wireless coverage. However, to keep the network connection secure it is important to change the username and password to keep the network connection secure. So, if you want to change the settings or access the features of the Netgear router then you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open a web browser and in the search bar type routerlogin net.
- Enter the username and password. The details are for username “admin” and the password is “password”. And then click on the ok option.
- Choose the wireless option.
- Enter the name of the new network.
- Enter the new password in the section. Make sure to enter a strong password.
- Then click on the apply button.
These are the steps that you need to follow how change router password for Netgear. However, if there is any issue then you can get help from the technicians.
If you have changed the default username and password for the Netgear router and are unable to recover it then the only thing that you can do is to reset the router. Once you reset the router, the username and the password will be restored and you can change it to the default.
- In most of the routers, you can complete the reset by pressing the reset button on the router. Use a pin or a paper clip to press and hold the reset button.
- Once the reset is complete it will change any settings or modifications that you have made. Then you can easily follow the steps for changing router password.
Get in Touch with the Experts
In this blog, we have mentioned in detail the steps that you need to follow that how change Router password. However, if you are facing any confusion or are unable to complete the change the password then make sure to get help from the experts.
Get in touch with the technical support team for knowing in detail the steps for changing router password. They will guide and assist you in resolving the problem immediately. Additionally, if you are facing any other issue as well then you can get help from the experts. Contact now for more information and assistance.