Getting a router for your home or office use is the best thing to do as it provides a great network speed and coverage. The router allows you to get a complete internet connection at your premises. It helps you with improved wi-fi signals that are strong and offers a high coverage at every corner of the premises. Besides, you get an access to high-speed internet at all the time. However, there are many factors on which the internet connection and the speed depends. Things like obstacles, obstructions and bandwidth are some of the main reasons behind which the internet connection is based. However, while using the internet you must know and understand about how to change router channel. These things will help you with the internet connection. And also getting high-speed connection and coverage.
In this blog, we are going to cover in detail the steps that you need to take for changing the channel of the router. You can get in touch with the Netgear technical support team for help and assistance in case of any issue or if you need a detailed information on the Netgear router.
Changing the channel of the Netgear router is quite simple if you follow the steps by steps guide. It allows you to improve the performance of the router while limiting the interference of the bandwidth and other networks. Though the routers use 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz bands, but you must know that there are frequency choices. So, the routers can surely pick from different frequencies and select it at the time of completing the setup. There is a channel that is used by a smaller number of people and offer better performance as compared to the other.
When more than one wi-fi channel collapses with each other it creates an interference in the network and as a result the internet connection slows down. If you are having a bad coverage wi-fi connection then you must know about how to change router channel.
Which Wi-Fi Channel You Need to Use?
One thing that you need to know is that the best wi-fi channel is different for everyone. So, for this you need to identify the nearest network for the wi-fi that you are using. If you are using a network that has 2.5 Ghz and 5 Ghz and see if any of the bands are more crowded than the other.
There are different ways through which you can try to improve the Wi-Fi channel before even trying the steps for how to change router channel.
- The first thing that you need to do for improving the Wi-Fi signals is try to place the modem and the router at the right place. Make sure to place the modem or the router in the right place somewhere in the central location. Try using a wi-fi extender to improve the coverage of the wi-fi network. Try placing the router and the modem in an elevated place for improving the wi-fi signals. Also, if there are devices like microwave, other wireless devices connected to the network then disconnect them.
- Wi-Fi is available in different modes thanks to the wi-fi technologies that are available. So, you need to check which wi-fi mode is enabled for your router.
- In the last step before learning how to change router channel you can try finding the channel which has better signals. If you are using 5 Ghz channel then it is better to switch to 2.4 Ghz as 5 Ghz channel is more prone to wi-fi interferences.
Now, that you know the ways that can help in improving the wi-fi signals you must understand the steps for How to change router channel. Let us discuss it in detail in this blog.
Here is a Complete Guide on How to Change Router Channel. These are the steps that you can follow for changing the router channel on your wi-fi network.
- The first thing that you need to check is the web interface of the router. You can do so by visiting the web browser and then entering the IP address for it. You can find the IP address on the bottom of the router or on the manufacturer’s guide.
- If you cannot find it then simply go to the control prompt option in the Windows and then type ‘ipconfig’. Now check the default address for your router. It should be similar to 192.168.1.1.
- In the default gateway address you can enter the IP address and open the router login page.
- Now, you need to enter the password which can find as mentioned above. The best thing that you can do is change the router password to avoid hacking or any security threat.
- When the router login is complete and the home page of the Netgear router opens you can open the Wi-Fi settings option. Here you need to check the whether your router works at 2.4 Ghz or 5 Ghz
- Then choose the wireless option under the settings menu.
- You need to choose the region. However, note that in some of the locations you cannot change the settings.
- Select the channel you want from the list of option available.
- At last, choose the apply button.
Get in Touch with the Netgear Technical Experts
In this blog, we have covered in detail the steps that you need to take for changing the channel of the router. However, if you are facing any issue while getting the channel changed the team of experts are available right there to help you with the steps. The technical team of experts will guide and assist you in completing the how to change router channel. So, make sure to contact then for further help and assistance. The experts are available round the clock to help and support you with the issue.