Modem to Router Connection Quick Fix 2020.It is impossible to imagine a single day without the internet as it has become an important part of our life. However, the most important thing is not having an internet connection, it is to have a fast internet connection. Without any doubt, slow internet is something that bothers most of us because of countless reasons. So, if you are looking for the best way to connect to high-speed internet then getting a router is the perfect solution. And when it comes to fast and high-speed internet then how can we not mention the Netgear routers. The Netgear routers are known to be the first fastest wireless routers in the world. Without any doubt, it is a great option to consider while trying to establish a router connection.
In this blog, we are going to provide you a complete guide that can help you in connecting the router. Besides, it also helps you understand the need to connect the router to the modem. If you are facing any difficulty while connecting the router then get help and support from the technical support team.
While connecting a router is an important step to establish an internet connection. It is also beneficial modem to Router connection the as it allows more than one device to establish a connection and also keep the network secure.
Step 1: Connect the Router with the Modem
- If you are using a cable internet then try connecting it with the wall outlet. However, in the case of the DSL modem, you can connect the phone line with the wall outlet.
- Now, you need to connect the other end of the cable with the port on the modem. Now, your modem will start receiving the internet connection.
- Check out the adapter and connect it with the modem.
- Plugin the power cord into the socket and then turn on the modem. If the modem does not turn on then maybe you need to press the power-on button.
- Now, use an ethernet cable and connect it with the ethernet port on the modem. This port will allow other devices to connect with the modem.
- Then connect the reaming end of the ethernet cable with the WAN port of the router.
- Find out the adapter on the router and connect it with the power source. Plugin in the power socket and turn it on. It may take a few seconds to turn on the router.
- Now, you need to connect another ethernet port with the LAN port on the computer and connect the other end of the cable with the computer.
- Make sure the indicator lights on the router and the modem are stable. This means that the modem to router connection is successfully completed. You can check it by opening a web browser. If you are connected then you will be able to open the browser.
- Enter the IP address of the router and when you are directed to the login page. You need to add the default username and password.
- Check the settings if there is any firmware update required. Get the firmware updated for the router to work properly. This shall complete the modem to router connection and you can use the internet without any hassle.
Step 2: Complete the Configuration of Wireless Network
If you want to complete the steps for completing the configuration for the wireless network then you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open a web browser and check if the internet is properly connected.
- Then type the IP address of the on the search bar.
- Once the login page opens then you need to add the username and the password. The default details are username ‘admin’ and the password is ‘password’.
- Open the wireless settings option on the router under the settings or configuration.
- Then open the SSID settings of the router. Under the SSID section enter the name of the wireless network.
- Then you need to select the encryption key and enter the password for the wireless router.
- At last, you need to save the password for saving the new changes you have made.
If you are having an issue modem to Router connection then you can resolve the problem by following a few solutions. If you are still experiencing a problem with the router then get in touch with the technical support team.
- Take out the plug of the modem for at least 10 seconds. Then try reconnecting the modem as it will help in getting better connections.
- You can again try to restart the modem and the router. Turn off the computer and then take out the plug of the modem. Wait for some time and then turn on the devices. Make sure the ethernet cables are connected properly.
- You can also try to replace the ethernet cable connection. If the ethernet cable is damaged or worn out then replacing is while establishing a router connection is the best thing to do.
- If you are facing an issue with the internet connection then you need to check if there is any problem is any outage issue in the area.
- While creating modem to router connection make sure the modem and the router are connected properly and the modem is compatible with the router.
- Also, check if there is any configuration required for connecting the modem with the router. You can check the manual for guidelines.
Get in Touch with the Experts
In this blog, we have covered in detail the steps you need to follow for completing the modem to router connection. However, if you are facing any difficulty then get help from the experts. The technicians will help you in completing the connection and the configuration. The technical support team has the right knowledge and experience to guide you through the steps. Get in touch for more information and assistance.
Technical Support 24/7 for All Devices