Netgear Router Setup Wireless For doing the Netgear router setup on a wireless device, it does not need to have a desktop computer, you can always use your wireless laptop, smartphone, or tablet. You just need to connect your wireless device to the preset wireless settings of your NETGEAR wireless router then configure the device for an Internet connection. This will help you understand how to install the Netgear wireless router by using a wireless device.
• Easily Shared Internet
The main reason for using the router is to connect multiple users to the internet. Connecting to the Internet requires a publicly-unique IP address. Internet providers offer a single IP address or charge fees for large amounts of publicly routable addresses.
The best solution is to add a router with network address translation enabled. If you connect the internet through a router with NAT allow the router to use a single public IP address & a series of UDP port to share the connection. Without the use of NAT, it’s difficult or impossible to connect a large organization’s computer to the internet.
Security and Adaptability
If you connect internet modem to a pc, the pc becomes the host of security-related issues. Expanding a direct connection network will become complicated without the addition of switches or a router & communicating between the individual pc becomes difficult.
Using a router as an intermediary between the outside network and inside the network of a company provides a scalable environment to make security easier. The router is not a replacement of firewall or anti-malware, but it’s a crucial step toward a large secure network environment.
• Connect the Ethernet cable from your DSL or cable modem to the Internet port of your NETGEAR router.
• Turn your cable modem or DSL on & wait for the lights to become solid.
• Turn your Netgear router on and wait for LEDs to become stable.• Take the preset wireless settings of your NETGEAR router. It is written on the back or at the bottom of your device.
• On your wireless device, open the Wi-Fi connection manager and find the SSID or Wi-Fi network name of your NETGEAR router.
• Connect to the SSID and enter the passphrase.
• Open your internet browser like internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox, google chrome or safari.
• If NETGEAR Genie does not display, go to the address bar and type routerloginnet.co.
• Click after entering the default username and the default password, both are admin and password respectively.
• Follow Netgear Genie in order to configure the device.
• You may need to get your PPPoE credentials (username and password) from your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to properly configure your NETGEAR router. This should be followed for DSL connections only.
• The Congratulations page will appear.
Follow these steps for Netgear Router Setup Wireless
To turn the Wi-Fi radios off or on with the Wi-Fi on/Off button:
1. Press the Wi-Fi on/Off button on the router for two seconds.
2. If you don’t know what the Wi-Fi on/Off button looks like, check your router’s manual.
3. If you turned off the Wi-Fi radios, the Wi-Fi on/Off LED, the WPS LED, and the LEDs on the active antennas turn off.
4. If you turned on the Wi-Fi radios, the Wi-Fi on/Off LED, the WPS LED, and the LEDs on the active antennas light.
5. If the LED on/Off switch is moved to the Off position, all the LEDs except the Power LED are turned off.
6. If you used the Wi-Fi button to turn off the Wi-Fi radios, you can’t log in to the router to turn them back on. Press the Wi-Fi button again for 2 seconds for turning the Wi-Fi radios back on.
To enable or disable the Wi-Fi radios by logging in to the router:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your device’s network.
2. Enter routerloginnet.co
Login window displays.
3. Enter the router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Chose advanced>advanced setup>wireless settings
5. In the 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz-1, and 5 GHz-2 sections select or clear the Enable Wireless Router Radio checkboxes.
Clearing these checkboxes turns off the Wi-Fi feature of the router for each band.
6. Click the Apply button.
If you turned off the Wi-Fi radios, the Wi-Fi LEDs turn off. If you turned on the Wi-Fi radios, the Wi-Fi LED light.
i). If a dynamic IP address is discovered, proceed to Step 3.
ii). If PPPoE is discovered, configure your router with the username and password provided by your ISP. Click Apply and proceed to Step 3.
iii). If a static IP address is discovered, configure your router with the IP address for your router, the address of the ISP’s DNS, and the address of the default gateway. Your ISP provided you with this information. Click Apply and proceed to Step 3
a. Power off the router.
b. Power off the modem.
c. Power on the modem.
d. Power on the router.
e. Repeat Step 2.
3. Click the Smart Wizard Test button to access the NETGEAR online test page.
4. If the page displays, you have Internet access.
5. Under Router Status, confirm the router gets a valid IP address. For more information, see your router user manual.
If there is no valid IP address, please perform a complete power cycle of your network. If you have properly followed the above points and still facing Netgear router troubleshooting issues then please do the following steps:
• Power cycle the modem, computer and router. Almost all minor issues can be easily removed by doing this.
• There should be a visible distance between the router and modem. As the Wi-Fi signals from both the device can cause interference and thus, render the Wi-Fi useless.
• Ensure that your Netgear Router is getting an adequate power supply. It won’t face any interruption while accessing the Netgear login page and help in getting rid over Netgear router troubleshooting issue
Netgear routers are one of the easiest to use and the sturdiest routers available on the market. But, sometimes due to incorrect router setup or due to incompatible devices, you might face issues of Netgear Router Setup Wireless. Our support team is always ready to help you with your router issues.